Energy Efficiency Program Manager
Make an impact! Seventhwave seeks a program manager to expand an award-winning utility program that inspires commercial, multifamily and institutional building owners, developers and design teams to achieve deeper reductions in energy use. The position will be based in Chicago and will support implementation of the ComEd Energy Efficiency New Construction program. Seventhwave’s culture is technically rigorous, innovative and values-driven. We are a nonprofit organization committed to economic and environmental sustainability. Our salaries are competitive with the private sector. If you are a self-motivated individual comfortable working across interdisciplinary teams, committed to excellence, have great communication skills, and at least five years of energy efficiency program management experience, you could be the right fit for this position.
Seventhwave is seeking an experienced manager with background in energy efficiency program design, implementation and technical assistance. ComEd’s energy efficiency program for commercial new construction is expanding in several areas. The ideal candidate must be agile, flexible, and creative. We are looking for an excellent project manager with program implementation experience. A solid technical background in engineering or commercial building design practices is a plus. This position will help us maintain an excellent client relationship, manage day to day operations of the program, generate required reporting, oversee contracts and subcontracts, ensure the program’s key performance indicators are met, manage the program budget, facilitate coordination across the Seventhwave team, respond quickly to client requests, develop program analytics, and contribute to program design and development activities. This position will also play an important role in generating program implementation business with new utility and government clients.
• Develop program strategy and performance metrics to meet utility client goals.
• Manage staff activities, including task assignment/delegation, managing to deadlines and ensuring the quality of client deliverables.
• Conduct program analytics and suggest programmatic changes to improve performance.
• Oversee budgeting and forecasting activities.
• Develop and manage relationships with subcontractors, partners, and other industry stakeholders.
• Oversee efforts to improve program performance tracking and reporting systems.
• Lead contract negotiations with new clients. • Maintain excellent client relationships.
• Contribute to Seventhwave’s business development efforts, including proposal-writing, relationship development and public presentations.
• Prepare status reports for Seventhwave program director and leadership team.
• BS or BA required; Master’s degree preferred.
• 5-10 years of program design and implementation experience.
• Proven project management skills including development and execution of project plans, schedules and budgets.
• Excellent problem-solving ability.
• Experience with meeting contractual obligations and delivering high quality results to clients.
• Ability to analyze, manipulate, and present data effectively in reports, presentations and informal communications.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to listen and convey information effectively to individuals or groups.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with others, motivate teams, and maintain good relationships with clients.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated connection and commitment to Seventhwave’s mission.
• Familiarity with the commercial construction market a plus.
Commensurate with experience
Seventhwave is a mission-driven nonprofit dedicated to advancing innovative strategies for real energy impacts through engineering, education and research. We implement award-winning energy efficiency programs that offer innovative approaches to address today’s energy challenges. Our staff of 45 is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with another office in Chicago. We provide a challenging, stimulating work environment that prizes collaboration and work-life balance.
Seventhwave provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, arrest or conviction record or any other basis provided by applicable law.